I know what you’re thinking. Not another year in review! Yes, it’s true, but I promise to make it quick so you can get back to playing the awesome games you received for Christmas.
It was a building year for Legacy Games. Here are some examples.
- At the start of the year we had 25 casual game packs to sell. Guess how many we have now? Thanks to Amanda, who lives near Palm Springs and is very talented at selecting games to bundle together, we now have a total of 66 game packs, with new ones coming every week.
- In our efforts to bring you even more “amazing games, amazing value” we signed 29 new developers and more than 200 new games to sell on Legacy Games this year. Constantine, a Ukranian who lives in Spain and speaks five languages, tirelessly hunts on behalf of Legacy for the best games from around the world.
- We launched a new ecommerce website at www.legacygames.com about 15 months ago. It was rough going, until Magne, a consummate graphic artist and web designer, took the reins. Our sales have steadily increased each month; it looks like we will break 500 units in the month of December, a new milestone. (By the way, Magne has been traveling across Europe for the past year, still managing to work full time and enjoy new sights.)
What can you, our esteemed customers, expect from Legacy next year? Well, besides more great game packs…
1. Would you like to be able to purchase physical DVD copies of ALL our games? Now you can only purchase some retail (physical) versions from Walmart or Amazon. Our plan this year is to make all of the same games that you can buy digitally from Legacy Games also available as DVD packs on www.walmart.com and www.amazon.com. The DVD packs will include digital codes to download the games, so it’s the best of both worlds!
2. In a few weeks, when a customer purchases a game from Legacy Games, they will also download the Legacy Game Launcher. Magne has described what you can expect in more detail in her recent blog post here, but suffice it to say that it will make the purchase process and managing your game library much easier.
3. Legacy has only sold PC games for the past few years, but early in 2022, we will be launching a new mobile game, Pearls of Atlantis. A customer described it as an upside down bubble popper with physics. I really hope you enjoy it.
4. What is one of the longest running shows on television? Look out for a new exclusive PC game from Legacy Games based on that popular show, coming the first half of the year.
It’s surprising to me, after 35+ years in the games business, that I continue to get excited about new products and opportunities. I am grateful to still enjoy what we do at Legacy Games – finding new and better ways to entertain our customers.
I am also grateful to you, our customers. On behalf of everyone here at Legacy, may you, your friends and family stay healthy and safe this holiday season. I hope you start the new year recharged and ready for 2022. Thanks for being part of the 23-year story of Legacy Games.