Support & FAQ
Please check below if you are having trouble with our retail games.
Please contact us, and we’ll help link all your purchases to your account! Please note that you must use the same email for your account as your billing email address in order for us to sync your purchases.
We want our customers to be able to purchase our games with full confidence that the games they purchased will work, or we’ll fix the issue. If we can’t, we offer a full refund for the MSRP of the game. Please contact us with the name of the game you purchased, and what your issue is.
When you check out as a guest, you will receive an email that contains download links for all the games you purchased. You can download your games directly from that email.
If you do not receive this email, please check your junk mail.
Creating a Legacy Games account is an excellent way to keep track of all your games! If you already have an account, you can sign in to your Legacy Games account to view all the games in your Games Library. If you don’t have an account, you can create one now, then get in contact, and we’ll help you sync up all your purchases from Legacy!
Simply sign in to your Legacy Games account and navigate to your Games Library. All games you have purchased are collected here for you to download at any time!
You can also download your games from the email you received at the time of purchase. If you did not receive this email, please check your junk mail.
The price of our games at Walmart reflects the fact that they buy at scale, ordering hundreds of games at one time. Because of this, they’re able to pass extra savings on to their customers.
The vast majority of our game packs are not available in Walmart stores, however, and can only be found here at legacygames.com!
Our current website is focused on digital downloads. That way, all of our games are available to play anytime you want!
Our games are also available with many of our fine retail partners, such as Walmart and Amazon. If you’re having trouble finding our products, please contact us. We’re happy to help!
The installer requires for the user to have administrator rights to the PC. If you do not have admin rights on your PC user account, see below:
- Click on Start or the Windows logo on your taskbar, typically located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Right-click on My Computer, Computer, or This PC, then select Manage.
- A new screen will appear. Click on either the + or the arrow next to Local Users and Groups to expand the folder.
- Click on the Users folder. Your user name should appear on the column to the right.
- Right click on your user name and select Properties.
- Click on the Member Of tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- Click on Advanced button.
- Click on Find Now button.
- Double click on Administrators on the search results list.
- Click OK until you exit out of all open windows.
- After following the steps below, try to reinstall the games.
If the actual installer screen still fails to start up the individual installers, you can try:
- If you have Windows XP click on Start on the taskbar; if on Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, click on the Microsoft Logo on the taskbar.
- Choose My Computer, Computer, or This PC on the menu that pops up.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD drive where the disc is inserted, usually (D:), and choose Explore.
- Locate the folder fscommand and double-click to open.
- Locate the installer files, usually named GameTitle.exe.
- Drag the files one by one onto your desktop to copy the files onto your PC.
- Double-click these files to open them manually to start the installation process.
Windows 10 is brand new and known to have compatibility issues. However, it has built in compatibility settings. Please see below for instructions on how to activate Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the game’s icon.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:.
- In the drop down menu, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows 7.
- Check mark the following other options:
a. Disable visual themes
b. Disable desktop composition
c. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
d. Run this program as an administrator
Please also ensure that you have the latest driver updates. Please run Windows Update and download the latest version of Microsoft DirectX here.
Finally, depending on your computer’s setup, you may also need to update your hardware-specific video drivers. To do so, please follow the below instructions:
- Right-click on an empty part of your desktop.
- Select the Screen Resolution option.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- A new window should pop up with the name of your monitor and video card.
- In the Adapter tab, next to your video card name, click on Properties.
- Another new window should pop up. Click on the Driver tab.
- Click on Update Driver then Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Microsoft recently added new security features to Windows that can block relatively uknown programs and publishers. Legacy Games is a small company that is trying to build its reputation with these new security features, but it may take some time. In the meanwhile, you can use these methods to download and install our games: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unblock-an-untrusted-publisher-in-windows-10/e964eea4-d357-4e56-aacc-94088642c7ac.
You may receive one of the following error messages when starting your game:
• Application failed because of missing component d3dx9_33dll
• DirectX error
• DirectDraw or INTDirectdraw error
These errors occur when DirectX 9.0 is not correctly installed, or an older version of DirectX is being used.
Click on the following link to download and install the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft: DirectX update.
If that does not work, please try downloading the following version of DirectX. This link will download many files for the update, so before downloading create a DirectX folder in your Documents folder. Then click on the following link and follow the instructions to download the files: DirectX files. Be sure to save the download files to the folder you made. Once the download is complete, open the folder you created and double-click on the dxsetup file. This will bring up an install wizard that will walk you through installing the updates. Once the wizard has finished you should be able to open and start the game.
The Nancy Drew games automatically install the latest Microsoft drivers to ensure the games run properly, but this might take some time. It is recommended that you close all other applications and let the installer run until completion, which may take up to 30-40 minutes depending on your computer. The progress bar may appear stalled during the installation of these drivers. If the progress bar appears to be stalled for more than 1 hour, please follow this guide below:
- Click on Start or the Windows logo on your taskbar.
- Click on My Computer or Computer.
- Locate your DVD drive, typically labeled (D:).
- Right-click on this drive and select Open or Explore.
- Open the fscommand folder.
- Locate the folder with the name of the game you wish to install.
- Copy this folder from the disc to your desktop.
- Open the newly copied folder.
- Open the Files folder.
- Open the Game folder.
- Double click on the game name to start the game.
- Repeat with the other game title.
There is an issue with Eventide 3 in the Supernatural Stories 3 disc, in that it does not create the desktop shortcut correctly. To resolve this, please follow the below instructions:
- If you have Windows XP, click on Start on the taskbar; if on Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, click on the Microsoft Logo on the taskbar.
- Choose My Computer, Computer, or This PC on the menu that pops up.
- Open your main hard drive, usually labeled (C:).
- Open the folder named Program Files (x86).
- Open the folder named Legacy Games.
- Open the folder named Eventide 3.
- Inside this folder should be a file named Eventide3.exe.
- Double click on this file to start the game.
- If it works, you can then right-click on that file and select Send to and then Desktop (create shortcut).